Friday, August 30, 2013

Hello. My name is Dasher.


This is my third quilt! 


It left me stumped for a while. I wanted to do a quilt without binding and finishing it up took a little bit to figure out. It also took me a while to decide what to put in the large white block.  I finally decided to go with wavy lines and western stars! 



I purchased a new quilting foot to help prevent puckering as I sew.  It made a huge difference but I got a little too ambitious with the stars. What I should really use is a free motion foot. There's always next time!  



Meet Dasher. A brave little horse who loves to go on adventures... 
He's so cute I think I could make up a whole story to go along with this quilt. He's my first embroidery piece!  



I'm sad to say that my summer vacation is coming to an end.  It is bitter sweet.  Part of me is excited to return to work as a teachers aide in a room full of little cuties who I love and can't wait to see again. The other part of me wishes that summer vacation would never end : )
I've had so much fun visiting with family, going to the beach, picking blueberries.
  
I will keep quilting but I'm sure things will be slower.  I have so many ideas I want to try! I even want to tackle screen printing sometime soon (soon might actually mean next summer). 

I hope you all have been enjoying your summer!













No comments:

Post a Comment