Monday, July 22, 2013

Herman Miller save

So, I have always admired Herman Miller furniture. I didn't realize how well known Herman Miller was until a few years ago. I loved watching HGTV's design shows and Herman Miller kept popping up.  

There was a show called celebrity vacation homes and they toured Pamela Anderson's Malibu beach house. I loved the house. It was beachy, modern and bright. In one of the bedrooms I fell in love with a desk. I needed to know where to get it.  I grabbed my computer and started googling modern desks and found out it was made by Herman Miller. Who knew! It was the aria desk designed by Kaiju studios.

*sigh* I will have to continue to admire the desk from a virtual far since it is WAY out of my price range (like by 2k). 

I grew up in a small church that was filled with Herman Miller furniture.  I mean the church didn't have pews, it had rows of fiberglass Eames chairs.
In all the crazy colors like red, orange, yellow, blue... The classrooms and nursery were filled with Herman Miller too. 

I recently learned that the church I grew up in was also founded by the founder of Herman Miller. I guess that explains why that small church had so much Herman Miller furniture. Most of the church has been renovated and when I heard that they were selling the few Herman Miller chairs that were left I jumped at the chance to save a few! 

I am hoping to get two more and maybe even find a round table for a new dining set! I know they don't really go with my current decor but I am slowly hoping to change that. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment